The other night I was thinking about putting the kids to bed as I was thinking about what to eat for dinner as I was thinking about how much Hugh bounces up and down throughout the day as I was thinking about how to get him to stop so his fractured wrists could heal. . . and who arrived at my doorstep to break that spell of downward self-pity than my good friend, ~J with treats! She brought me some guacamole that I politely inhaled. I usually make my own because that pre-made stuff isn't really that great. This one is.
If you are in the Provo area and you wanna go to the Farmers Market to feel fresh and environmentally responsible (everyone is always saying "BUY LOCAL" and I'm beginning to think they don't mean my local Target store. . .) be sure to get some guacamole from THIS GUY TROY!
1. Tastes awesome (isn't that all you really need to know?)
2. All natural ingredients (no artificial preservatives which is really important to some people)
3. It stays green in the container. This will help you, psychologically enjoy it longer.
4. You can order it online (http://gourmetguac.org) and go pick it up at the Farmer's Market this Sat. (or just go to the FM to try a sample, then buy it)
5. 10% of the sale goes to Our TEAMS, Inc. (local educational non-profit scholarship fund) So if you weren't already feeling pretty smug about saving the environment, you can throw in your philanthropic contribution to boot! Put THAT in your Christmas letter. Or, just eat the guacamole.
Here's my summer recipe for you to eat with that guacamole (It's "for summer" because you use the microwave and because it's summer today):
Fresh tortilla chips
Melt together in a dance of salty goodness and enjoy with the guac. Never look back.
It's for sale this Saturday at the Farmers Market, y'all. I hope the stand is near the frozen, chocolate-dipped bananas. If it is, all my dreams will come true on Saturday.